Sunday, March 30, 2014

Out of your control

Few days back I came to know about a philosophy about how should we react to situations and understand them, will try to share few insights on the same...

Many times we worry about things which we can't get off our mind  and start thinking more and more about them to find a way to get rid of them...so sometimes I feel that there will be things which we cannot change or we cannot take control over, worrying about such things is a mere waste of time...

Here is philosophy or the prayer which I read a few days back and was inspired of the understanding behind it. It is called "the serenity prayer". Many of us might have already heard of it, but I know there are also few people like me :) who might be hearing about this for the first time, so let me put it down..

God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.


I didn't even knew the meaning of serenity when I first heard of this...:) serenity means "the state of being calm, peaceful, and untroubled."

If you are thinking that praying to god is what I am talking about, sorry that is not what I meant...The concept which I liked is the wordings in the above saying about realizing the difference between the things which one can change and one cannot change. After coming across this I started thinking about the situation in which I am in and segregate it first into one this category (which I CAN CHANGE and I CANNOT CHANGE)and then take the decision accordingly instead of over thinking in a directionless manner...:) 

Once you are conscious about this difference you will have a happier life :)

3 comments:

'అంకిత భావం' - The foundation for any success.

'అంకిత భావం' - The word which delights me today but also raises a question in my mind about not being educated in mother tongue as t...